Sunday, August 20, 2006

Seemed Like A Good Idea at the Time

So the trainer suggested putting a bit of peanut butter or cream cheese in a Kong(tm) toy for the dog, to keep her from being bored. Seemed like a good idea.

Except.

I have just found, to my chagrin, that Banana Dog likes to toss her Kong(tm) around. And as it bounced on the hard tile entryway, small globules of greasy peanut butter were flung from the ends all over the floor, walls, and nearby carpet. Apparently, the easy to reach mess isn't nearly as tasty as the stuff still clinging to the insides of the Kong(tm), because I'm on my way to get a sponge to clean it up while Banana concentrates on getting the last few pieces of peanut butter that weren't forcibly ejected from the Kong(tm). I am concentrating on being grateful she didn't think of taking it up onto the light green couch.

Easy like Sunday morning? Not at my house!

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Romance said...

I freeze them as it keeps the gook in the kong and it take the Little Dog much, much longer to get the goodies.... if I am feeling totally industrious I fill it with nasty meat based baby food (doggy crack) and freeze it and its like 2 hours of doggy be gone....

 
At 12:07 AM, August 21, 2006, Blogger panda said...

Neat trick!

The breeder suggested doing the same with some obscure ground duck wet dog food. I haven't tracked it down yet, but the baby food sounds like a great idea. And easy to get from a real store!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home