Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rats!

The job got pushed back, and pushed back, and then just fell through. Apparently the folks who'd been lined up to pony up the financing weren't in a position to make the promises they'd made. So the whole company isn't going to happen, not just my job. Which is much worse news for the great folks who'd spent months trying to make this happen. I can't even imagine what they're going through.

Obviously I'm hugely disappointed. Not to mention that the reasons I quit haven't changed and will not change. So yeah, there's that. Back to the old slog.

Because I quit, I've lost a couple of key jobs due to my not being available when the shows were being booked. And I'm sure I won't be first - or second or third - in line for any new projects this fall, due to my defecting in the first place. So finances this fall will be a shambles, pretty much.

But it could be sooo much worse, as at least for now I have an old job to go back to.

Ah well, the world keeps turning.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, July 18, 2009, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

What a crappy development. I hope that another opportunity presents itself soon.

 
At 1:57 PM, July 30, 2009, Blogger Romance said...

Sorry to hear that- hope something really good comes up and its like that adage- when one door closes... blah, blah - but you know- hoping for a silver lining for you

 
At 6:47 PM, August 03, 2009, Blogger panda said...

Thanks so much for the kind words. Looking on the bright side, thinking I wouldn't have to go back every left me free to sit back and think about the things I would miss... and now I don't have to miss them at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home