Friday, August 29, 2008

It's 100 Degrees, so Bring On the Wool!

I hadn't mentioned the thing with the sticks and yarn since I finally finished the 2007 Christmas presents, mostly because I hadn't progressed much past rectangles.

And seeing that it's summer in Los Angeles, I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in long sleeved wool sweaters.

Except me, because... IT DOESN'T SUCK!



I know, I'm thrilled. (Excuse the lumpiness in that picture, but that's actually me and not the sweater... and yes, I really am that pasty white).





For those of you who are still reading this far, that's the Gathered Pullover (that's the Ravelry link...) from Interweave Knits Winter 2007 issue, design by Hana Jason. Knitted in a teal/emerald green bamboo-merino superwash blend yarn.

3 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, September 16, 2008, Blogger Romance said...

I love that color and that sweater.... You are amazing.. I haven't finished a sweater since I was 18 - and I kid you not.

 
At 10:06 PM, September 16, 2008, Blogger Romance said...

BTW - thanks for the tips on diabetes for zombie dad... he is super interested in the idea of controlling his with chinese medicine....

 
At 10:48 AM, September 19, 2008, Blogger panda said...

Thanks! I can't believe I finished it, myself! And that it mostly fits! This was my fifth attempt at a sweater-like object, and the first one that I'm really happy with.

Glad to pass along the info. We've got this great accupuncturist / herbalist down here, but he's got what I call a take-no-prisoners approach to accupuncture. Not for the squeamish, shall we say. But he's knocked out pain in one visit that my old accupuncturist would have taken two weeks to get. Though I did end up with a lovely black eye (not totally his fault... I bleed really easily).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home