Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Maui and Me

I do love our house. But mostly because it's ours and not because I have a fondness for 1960's nondescript ranch-style tract homes. And I'm sure I won't shock you when I admit that this...


...is NOT a picture of the view out our front window in the San Fernando Valley. And neither is this...



Which is why we went to Maui.

Where we got to look at this:



And this:



And do this:




And spent a lot of time driving around in a convertible doing this:



When we weren't eating or sleeping. (You'll notice I spared you the pictures of us doing that. You're welcome)

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, July 18, 2008, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Maui. So jealous.

How did you find snorkeling? I thought I was going to drown.

 
At 12:48 AM, July 21, 2008, Blogger panda said...

For the first fifteen minutes, I could not force my body to take a breath. I'd stick my face in the water and try to breathe, and just couldn't do it. It took a good half hour for me to get past having to tell myself, "Okay, one breath. Just one, and you can lift your head up. Now two breaths. Just two breaths, and you can lift your head up."

Luckily, we'd gone down to the shore the afternoon before our boat trip so I could practice, or I would have felt pretty stupid.

The dive instructor on the boat said 10-20% of people panic like that. To just keep breathing, and your body will - eventually - get over it.

She was right, but it took me a couple of hours to stop feeling like I was going to drown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home