Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Slaughter of Helpless Trees

Banana Dog's attack on the plant life in our yard not withstanding, we at Chez Panda consider ourselves fairly ecologically minded. And if I'd known that ordering a measly three things out of catalogs over the past decade would lead to the recent deluge we've been drowning under, I would have dragged my lazy ass to the mall.

Now, salvation is at hand!

catalogchoice.org allows you - for free, no charge - to remove anyone at your house from the catalog lists. So if your pet is getting catalogs (I know, but all I can figure is that filling my previous labrador's prescription at a people pharmacy dropped her onto some senior citizen mailing list), or you really would like to give F!ngerhut a finger of your own (leave me ALONE already! I don't want whatever that is... I don't know anyone who wants whatever that is... and if I did, I'd lose their number before I'd order them one), then register and scroll through their extensive list of catalogs to choose which ones you no longer want to receive.

According to their info, it takes about 10 weeks for the requests to take effect. And if you change your mind later, and really have to see what The Sharp3r !mage is charging for laser nose hair trimmers, you can get yourself un-removed (shut up, it might be a word) later on.

My mail person will thank me. Trees everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief. And I no longer have to skim through T0uch 0f Cl@ss catalogs to figure out where the p0st 0ffice hid my paych3ck.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

I only wish they had this service in Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home