Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh, This Old Thing?

While I was skulking around my house, cranky from the pain and boredom, we received an invitation to a party at our neighbors' house. While the party-time is a biweekly occurrence over there, the details made Laughing Boy's ears perk up. The neighbors had discovered that May 6th was National Cocktail Day. I found that more than a bit amusing, since May 6th follows the Southern California drink-a-thon more commonly known as Cinco de Mayo, so it seems like National Hangover Day would be more fitting.

However, the neighbors decided it would be more fun to celebrate National Cocktail Day, so the invite referenced what is pretty much agreed to be the Penultimate Cocktail Era, the 1950's, and hats.

Most of the guests donned baseball caps, fedoras, cowboy hats, whatever they had lying around. And LB and I ended up at the neighbors looking like this.


LB went on quite the shopping spree to assemble his Shriner tribute. It pretty much explains the state of my brain - and closet - when I am forced to admit that all I had to buy was my hat.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Romance said...

You are both so totally cute!!!

I will have to remember that May 6th is a high holy day!!!

Love the dress and hair.

 
At 11:46 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Rice said...

Solid!

 
At 2:39 PM, May 09, 2007, Blogger panda said...

Thank you!

During my closet purge last year, I got rid of two perfect hats. Lucy and Ethel go to lunch at the Brown Derby hats. Oof!

It's funny, but normally, I am totally allergic to cameras. I automatically flinch every time I see one. But if I could do the face blur on all of them, there would have been so many more pictures of me over the years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home