Thursday, May 03, 2007

ow.

So I finally made it to my first real training session at the gym, and even though he made me do upper body exercises until my arms wouldn't move, it wasn't so bad. Except. Except, the Arctic Winds blowing through the gym from the freakin' air conditioner exacerbated an old dance injury that hasn't bothered me for a decade, and my lower back went into spasms.

Yeah. Fun.

The good news, I was down three pounds after only one week on Le Diet of Disrepute. The bad news, I've put it back on over the last three days of lying on my right side (ow, need to shift, nononononono! whimper), back (carry on like someone has run me through with a two by four, pleeease don't make me move), and left side (is this pain killer doing NOTHING??? Where are the real drugs!).

LB lured me off to his genius acupuncturist yesterday afternoon and by the end of a very pointy hour of Fun With Needles, my spasms had turned into a very sore but not spasming back ache. Yay. Sort of.

Can't wait to do some lower body work next Monday.

yup.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

This is why I maintain that exercise is bad for you.

Feel better soon.

 
At 10:34 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger panda said...

It is, it is indeed. LB went back today. I knew my back wouldn't stand for more of that nonsense so soon, so I pushed my Grudge Rematch back a week.

Ooof!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home