Sunday, September 24, 2006

Not a Good Week

Another insane week. This included 50+ hours at job #1, 20 hours at job #2, 16 hours of commuting, and a cough that kept me up most of the night all week.

And now this weekend, Doodles, the Shi Tzu has developed a bad abscess behind her left eye. This eye had the same sort of abscess two years ago, and they warned us it could recur. To top it off, almost exactly one year ago she poked a hole in that same eye and had to have surgery to save it.

So last night we ended up making an emergency room vet trip at 2 am. They said that if we can't get this abscess under control, she could lose the eye this time. She's not eating, not drinking, and doesn't really want to take her meds. I'm spending a lot of time putting syringes full of food and/or water and/or meds in her mouth. She is one very unhappy cone-headed dog. I'm just lucky she's got such useless teeth, or I'd be looking at a few stitches myself by now.

I'd post pictures, but you really, really don't want to see them.

Wish us luck!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

YIKES! I am sorry you are having such a hard time of it. (Insert Pep Talk: 'Don't worry, it can only get better.')

 
At 11:17 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Best of luck, Panda. I hope that your pup is feeling better very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home