Thursday, September 07, 2006

Love That Man

As if the sushi-making wasn't enough love and devotion, it is midnight and my man is out buying me new cough and cold supplies. Cheerfully, with a smile and a kiss on his way out the door. Even though he has the same cold/cough and was running his behind off at work all day after a long long night of very little sleep. Not for any fun reasons, the sleeplessness; rather, he was jolted out of an almost-sleep every five minutes because my cough sounds like a kennel full of dogs at feeding time. No one could sleep through a cough like that, cough-er or cough-ee.

In desperation, hoping that someone somewhere would be able to sleep even a little bit, I staggered into my home office to sleep on the floor. And after half an hour, he came in and curled up next to me. That's why I love him.

No word at all on why he loves me, since I rewarded him by barking in his ear all night long. And not in a good way. If there even is a good way to bark in someone's ear. Just thought I'd clarify that, just in case.

Ye gods, what is in this cold medicine, anyway?

Happy Love Thursday!

4 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Lori said...

Now that's love!LOL Have a Happy Love Thursday.

 
At 5:55 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Mama Duck said...

LOL that is indeed, true love!! We are participating for the first time this week - celebrating the little one's second birthday !

 
At 6:40 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Tea said...

What a sweetheart your man is! And I love Banana Dog LOL!

tea
xo

 
At 7:05 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

I'll have to get my beloved to read this post, Panda -- and Tea's post about the rose her hubby packed in her lunch. Siiiigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home