Saturday, February 10, 2007

2007? Already? Oops.

I could point to my regular crazy schedule to explain my absence, and add defensively that I've spent the entire last work week in bed with the flu. And all that is very true. But really, I can explain it best by posting these pictures.

With much help from Laughing Boy, and by the grace of a couple of Christmas bonuses, presents and post-Christmas coupons and clearance sales, I have been busy turning this:

(note, if you will, the two very old tube monitors and small TV with broken rabbit ears overrunning my desk, the two foot plus of wasted floorspace between the "L" leg and the window behind it, and the mountains of junk peeking from every nook and cranny...)


Into this:




The computers I have hooked up to my luscious new LCD screen are both over six years old, but they sure look pretty all gussied up in their new 24" finery!

And for those of you who have noticed that I didn't clean up before I took the pictures, I am going to rest the back of my trembling hand against my forehead, mutter something about "the flu...", and pretend I only now noticed the debris littering the floor.

I will spare you the pictures of the bags and bags of flotsam and jetsam I tossed ruthlessly from the space, but I've still got a ways to go. Note the overflowing baskets of papers, etc. shoved into the corner between the window and the bookcase, if you want a giggle...

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Debris? What debris? That is supposed to be a messy room? I think not. It looks wonderful.

So glad you're back!

 
At 8:10 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger panda said...

Thanks!

I can't count the number of times over the last month where I've been stuck on set in the wee hours, wondering how Ferris is doing, and how BWB's Poopster was settling in.

Good to be "home"!

 
At 9:29 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Romance said...

Wow - your place looks totally awesome. I wish I could have you come give me an assist.... Poopster is fabulous, but the homefront and decor is suffering.... Beautiful space.. you must be so happy to work there..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home